Second Harvest of Central Florida - Orlando Office Volunteer Day
Rubenstein Law staff pictured above: Mauricio M., Kimberly M., Sheila D., Erika S., Randy D., Celeste V.
On Saturday, Oct. 19, volunteers from Rubenstein Law's Orlando office gathered at Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida for a morning of community service. The firm's Community Involvement Committee organized a day in which staff and lawyers from offices across the state could give back to their local communities.
This month, the committee chose Feeding America, the largest charitable domestic hunger-relief organization in the United States. Second Harvest in Orlando is a member of Feeding America.
(Image via FeedHopeNow.com)
Did you know:
- 1 in 5 kid
- s is at risk of going to bed hungry tonight
- 1 in 7 Central Floridians are struggling with the reality of hunger
- Almost half a million people will need help with food this year
- 1 in 10 FL resident aged 50+ risk hunger because of insufficient resources
- 77,808,636 more meals a year are needed to fill the hunger gap.
- Second Harvest secures and distributes food and grocery products to approximately 550 local nonprofit feeding programs throughout Central Florida
- Second Harvest’s 16-week culinary program teaches foodservice-based technical, life and employability skills to economically hard-pressed adults
- Tampa Office's Volunteer Day
- South Florida Offices' Volunteer Day
- Community Involvement Committee
- Learn more at FeedHopeNow.org and on Instagram @FeedHopeNow