Originally from Rhode Island, I attended the University of Florida in Gainesville and received both my BA and MA there before attending Nova Southeast University, where I received my JD. While in law school, I clerked with the City of Tamarac, the Public Defender’s Office in Broward County, and a civil litigation law firm in Fort Lauderdale. While in law school, I was a mediator for first-time juvenile offenders.
My career has been split between practicing in law firms and serving as in-house counsel for major, multinational corporations as General Counsel, Regional Counsel, Corporate Counsel, Director, and Commercial Counsel, in which I was able to close multi-million dollar contracts on a global basis with favorable terms and conditions for the company I worked for or was representing. During my career, I developed and implemented policy procedures and structures for compliance with company regulations and government regulatory issues and set up guidelines and training for such. I previously served on the Board of Directors for the Boys Club Girls Club of Broward County and was a first responder for the Red Cross in Atlanta. When not working, I enjoy participating in cardio sports and working out.
My expertise lies in Contracts and Negotiations, along with Corporate Law, Business Law, and Transactional Law. I also have experience in Estate Planning and Landlord/Tenant Law.
Education and Accolades
- Member of the Florida Bar
- Member of the United States District Courts for the Northern, Southern and Middle Districts of Florida
- Published in textbooks/scholarly journals
- Assistant Professor in Rehabilitation at the University of Florida in which I wrote, produced and managed a monthly publication for rehabilitation professionals
- Recipient of Teaching Assistantship at the University of Florida
- Recipient of Florida Bar Fellowship
- Company awards and recognition for meeting extremely tight schedules and timelines without sacrificing quality
- Peer recognition in Palm Beach County for Negotiation skills
- Headed team and implemented actions to combat and minimize violations and minimize any risks of such violations of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and international anti-bribery violation Acts.