Personal Injury Attorney
I was raised by my grandparents outside a small town in Southern Colorado. After graduation I enlisted in the United States Navy and served on board the USS Dwight D. Eisenhower (CVN 69) and the USS George Washington (CVN 73). While on active duty I obtained my Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Rhode Island.
After completing my service in the Navy, I attended Loyola University New Orleans, obtaining my Juris Doctorate in 2002. After completing law school I practiced criminal defense for several years, before going to work for a large state-wide insurance defense firm where I handled claims as diverse as construction litigation to medical malpractice and everything in between.
In 2016, I decided I would rather put my education and experience to work for those injured through no fault of their own, and went to work for a large personal injury firm where I tried numerous cases to verdict and obtained over $20 million in compensation for my clients. In 2021, I was recognized by the Florida Bar as a Board Certified Civil Trial Specialist, a title less than 5% of all attorneys in Florida can claim. In 2022 I graduated from Baylor University with my Executive LL.M. in Litigation Management. In 2022 I was also recognized by the Florida Supreme Court as a Certified Circuit Civil Mediator. I am admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Florida.
When I am not practicing law, I am spending time with my wife Keely, and our four (mostly) grown children. I am currently working towards my Master of Arts in American History from Southern New Hampshire University, with a specialization in Military History. I love to travel, fly fish, and golf when I can find the time.
- Premise Liability
- Motor Vehicle Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Slip and Fall claims
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Trucking claims
- Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Florida Justice Association
- Central Florida Trial Lawyers Association
Education and Accolades:
- University of Rhode Island: Bachelor of Arts
- Loyola University New Orleans: Juris Doctorate
- Baylor University College of Law: Executive LL.M. Litigation Management
- Speaker at 2019 Florida Justice Association Annual Convention
- Speaker at FJA’s 2020 and 2021 Christian D. Searcy Voir Dire Institute
- Speaker at FJA’s 2021 Al J. Cone Trial Advocacy Institute
- Speaker at FJA’s 2022 John Romano Workhorse Seminar
- Board-Certified Civil Trial Specialist
- Florida Supreme Court Circuit Civil Mediator