It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas--even here in Florida! We may not be able to make snowmen, but don’t let your Christmas be blue just because we live in the southeasternmost state. It’s precisely the lack of snow that inspires Floridians to be creative this season.
Florida definitely has plenty of holiday cheer to offer. There’s so much to see and do this time of year in all our 67 counties and 400+ cities/towns. Here are only a few of the many holiday activities (some free!) around.
There may not be many pine trees out here, but that doesn‘t mean there aren‘t any holiday displays. Here’s where you can find lights galore in addition to Santa’s Enchanted Forest.
If it's holiday music you're looking for:
For more ideas in the Miami area, visit this page.
Palm Beach County
- Christmas at Bok Gardens for holiday garden displays, live music, Florida-style cooking classes, and more.
- Eola Wonderland Christmas Tree Show at Walt Disney Amphitheater in downtown Orlando, with synchronized music and light shows and fountain displays on seasonal lights on Lake Eola—Dec 1 to Jan 6.
- 41st Annual Cracker Christmas featuring pioneer demonstrations, exhibits, bbq and craft fair at Fort Christmas Historical Park in the town of Christmas, free admission – Dec 1 to 2.
- Christmas Parade in Amelia Island includes performances -- Dec 15, 5 to 6pm.
- Gingerbread Extravaganza supports the Jacksonville Historical Society with admission; theme encompasses holidays and Jacksonville Historic landmarks -- Nov 29 to Dec 28.