5 Tips for Boating Safety in Florida
1. Have a designated driver for your boat to avoid tragedies. Never drink and drive.
2. When starting your engine, make sure there is no one near your propeller.
3. Wear a life jacket when on board and ensure all passengers wear flotation devices—especially children and vulnerable adults.
4. Be mindful of weather changes and bring a radio on board.
5. Check the safety status of your boat regularly. Tip: The U.S. Coast Guard offers a free vessel safety check—at no cost and no consequences if you don't pass.
If you or a loved one were seriously injured in a boating accident, call your Florida personal injury attorneys at 1-800-FL-LEGAL. Rubenstein Law is available 7 days week.