Airplane Accidents | Call Our Experienced Injury Lawyers
Often when traveling via airplane we are on vacation, visiting family, or even traveling for work. We understand this means when an accident happens, you may be far from home and an important work trip or much-anticipated vacation has become scary and overwhelming. While the statistics tell us air travel is considered the safest form of travel it is not without risks. Aside from crashes, you can be injured due to accidents while you are getting on or off the airplane, other passengers or airline staff, mechanical defects, or other reasons.
Types of Aviation Cases
You are entitled to recover monetary damages for injuries sustained during air travel and you are not limited simply to the injuries or loss of life sustained during airplane crashes. Oftentimes, people are injured in the following ways:
- Boarding or disembarking an airplane
- Getting hit by falling luggage or airplane equipment
- Suffering burns from hot liquids
- Sustaining a fall as a result of the negligence of airplane personnel
- Turbulence or sudden movement
As members of the transportation industry, airline carriers are subject to a higher duty of care than individuals. This extends to all airline employees (i.e., pilots, flight attendants, engineers, etc.) and governs their actions to passengers while getting on or off the plane or during the flight.
If you or a loved one are injured in a plane or aviation accident, the most important thing is to first:
- Get medical attention if needed, then
- Talk to witnesses and exchange information
- Take pictures of the scene and injuries, if possible
What to do next
In the direst of situations, it is important to have an experienced attorney available to help with all the potential issues you will have to deal with as a result of an injury or death to a loved one. The personal injury lawyers at Rubenstein Law are available to help you navigate the problems that can arise as a result of you or your loved one's accident. We can help you:
- Get you and/or your loved ones back home
- Find the best available medical treatment
- Thoroughly investigate your claim
- Hire the best aviation, mechanical, and industry experts
- Interview witnesses
- Negotiate with airlines, insurance carriers, and other responsible parties
The personal injury attorneys at Rubenstein Law will work on your behalf to alert the airline, airport, and other responsible entities of their negligence. Our lawyers understand that acquiring evidence is critical to understanding how an accident happened and we’ll move quickly to ensure that evidence of the accident and your injuries is preserved.
Our goal is to protect your rights as well as send a message so the same tragedy doesn’t happen again. Call today or visit one of our offices for your free case consultation. We are here 24/7; nights and weekends. Remote and virtual appointments are available. No costs or fees unless or until you win money.