Feeding South Florida - Volunteer Day
Rubenstein law attorneys and staff from our Broward, Miami and West Palm Beach offices met early Saturday morning in Plantation, FL to volunteer at Feeding South Florida.
The hunger relief organization serves 25% of the state's food insecure population. It's the largest, most efficient food bank serving Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties. For every $1 donated, they provide six (6) meals to South Florida families in need: veterans, older adults, single parents, children, and the working poor.
The volunteers from Rubenstein Law inspected and sorted enough food to deliver 26,000 meals to the South Florida community and had a little fun in the process. We also donated $2,500 to the organization, which will provide another 15,000 meals for the community.
Fun Facts about Feeding South Florida:
- Feeding South Florida is a regional food bank serving approximately 300 nonprofit partner agencies throughout Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade, and Monroe Counties
- Member of the Feeding America network of food banks
- Assists individuals directly with choice pantries and deliveries for home-bound seniors
- Largest provider of emergency food assistance in each county we serve
- Strategic distribution model using a gap analysis and service area assessment
- Largest non-profit provider of produce in the state of Florida
- Feeding South Florida is held to incredibly high standards which in turn benefit the community both in quality assurance and quantitative value