Holiday Events & Happenings in Florida this Year
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas--even here in Florida! We may not be able to make snowmen, but don’t let your Christmas be blue just because we live in the southeasternmost state. It’s precisely the lack of snow that inspires Floridians to be creative this season.
Florida definitely has plenty of holiday cheer to offer. There’s so much to see and do this time of year in all our 67 counties and 400+ cities/towns. Here are only a few of the many holiday activities (some free!) around.
There may not be many pine trees out here, but that doesn‘t mean there aren‘t any holiday displays. Here’s where you can find lights galore in addition to Santa’s Enchanted Forest.
- NightGarden Magical Light Spectacular at Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden -- November 23 to Jan 9.
- Miami Lantern Festival at the Miami Dade County Fairgrounds – Nov 20 to Jan 20.
If it's holiday music you're looking for:
- Irving Berlin’s White Christmas at the Ziff Opera House at the Adrienne Arsht Center – Dec 25 to 30.
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker at the Jackie Gleason Theater – December 29.
For more ideas in the Miami area, visit this page.
- See all the pretty yachts and boats decked out for the holidays at The Seminole Hard Rock Winterfest Boat Parade in Ft Lauderdale -- Dec 15.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas live on stage at the Coral Springs Center for the Arts – Dec 11.
- Christmas Lights in the Acres free light show and seasonal songs in Plantation – Dec 29 to 30.
Palm Beach County
- Christmas with the Chimps at Lion Country Safari in Loxahatchee – Dec 20.
- Holiday in Paradise free event in West Palm Beach featuring the iconic, 700-ton sand tree -- Nov 29 to Dec 31.
- Holiday Lights in the Gardens at Florida Botanical Gardens in Largo – Nov 23 to Dec 30.
- Winter’s Wonderland at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium featuring The Sea of Lights Boat Cruise to see holiday lights by boat -- Nov 2 to Jan 6.
- Snow on 7th Parade free event featuring Santa, festive floats and performers in Ybor City – Dec 8.
- Victorian Christmas Stroll at the Henry B Plant Museum, with complimentary spiced cider and cookies – Dec 1 to 23.
- Miracle on 34th Street the Musical at Osceola Arts – Nov 30 to Dec 23.
- Holidays at Old Town in Kissimmee, a free event with snow, live music, and all-American holiday fun – Nov 23 to Dec 25.
- Christmas at Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee featuring ICE!, snow tubing, free Christmas tree displays, and more.
- Christmas at Bok Gardens for holiday garden displays, live music, Florida-style cooking classes, and more.
- Eola Wonderland Christmas Tree Show at Walt Disney Amphitheater in downtown Orlando, with synchronized music and light shows and fountain displays on seasonal lights on Lake Eola—Dec 1 to Jan 6.
- 41st Annual Cracker Christmas featuring pioneer demonstrations, exhibits, bbq and craft fair at Fort Christmas Historical Park in the town of Christmas, free admission – Dec 1 to 2.
- Christmas Parade in Amelia Island includes performances -- Dec 15, 5 to 6pm.
- Gingerbread Extravaganza supports the Jacksonville Historical Society with admission; theme encompasses holidays and Jacksonville Historic landmarks -- Nov 29 to Dec 28.
- Visit the oldest city in the nation for the 25th Annual Nights of Lights in Saint Augustine. National Geographic has chosen it as one of the best holiday lighting displays in the world. -- Nov 17 to Feb 3.
- Celebrate Christmas on the Frontier like a true Floridian at Dade Battlefield Historic State Park, where you can sample home-made wassail, make toys, and listen to live music.
- The Sound of Music on stage in Florida – December 21 (West Palm Beach), Dec 22-23 (Clearwater), Dec 30 (Coral Springs) & other cities.