Practicing the 5 R’s to Make Every Day Earth Day
1. REDUCE: Minimize use of dispoable items such as plastic and styrofoam. Choose re-usable items such as travel mugs and water bottles.
2. REUSE: Look for ways to re-imagine, redesign and thrift items for a new purpose.
3. RECYCLE: Take items to recycling centers so that they may be made into something new.
4. RESTORE: Attend a beach clean up, park restoration, plant trees, or other volunteer events to help your community.
5. RESPECT: Look for ways to honor the place you live by recognizing the needs around you and pitching in to help.