Walk the Talk for Epilepsy 2019
On Sunday, April 7, Rubenstein Law attorneys and staff attended the 2019 Walk the Talk for Epilepsy at the BB&T Center in Broward County.
Rubenstein Law was recognized for bringing in the highest corporate fundraising. The event organizers invited the firm's Community Involvement Committee on stage to receive a trophy in appreciation for their efforts.
The following statistics were shared by Intake Specialist and current member of Community Involvement Committee, Adrian Gutierrez, who advocates for epilepsy awareness:
- One in 20 people will have a one-off epileptic seizure in their life (although this does not mean that they have epilepsy).
- One in 50 people will have epilepsy in their life.
- Not everyone with epilepsy will have it for life.
- Approximately 87 people are diagnosed with epilepsy every day.
- There are around 60 million people with epilepsy in the world.
- There are 400,000+ Floridians with epilepsy.