Skip to main content

What do I do if I don't have collision coverage?

If you do not have collision coverage, you can make a property damage claim against the responsible party’s insurance company. As long as liability is clear, they will pay for your car repairs and a reasonable rental car (usually up to 30 days or less if your vehicle is repaired or appraised as a total loss), and you will not be charged a deductible. If you buy insurance coverage from the rental company, it is usually not reimbursable.