I was born and raised in Miami and I am licensed in Florida at both the State and Federal levels. While attending St. Thomas University School of Law, I won several awards in trial advocacy competing against rival law schools and was elected by my peers to serve as vice president of our trial team. While in law school I interned with the Honorable David M. Gersten, former Chief Judge of the Third District Court of Appeal in Miami, and at the State Attorney’s Office in Miami-Dade County as a certified legal intern. As an intern at the State Attorney’s Office, I handled dozens of criminal cases and acquired experience in several jury trials before graduating law school.
After graduation, I accepted a position as an Assistant State Attorney in Miami-Dade County. While a prosecutor for the State Attorney’s Office, I served as an Assistant Chief of the D.U.I. and misdemeanor crimes division from 2012-2014 where I supervised and trained over 60 prosecutors in 10 courtrooms. As a prosecutor, I was the lead attorney for over forty jury trials and I have successfully tried cases from misdemeanor drug charges to first-degree attempted murder.
- Litigation attorney specializing in personal injury cases including:
- League of Prosecutors
- Dade County Bar Association
- Cuban American Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Education and Accolades
- Florida International University (B.A., 2006)
- St. Thomas University (J.D., 2011)
- Dean’s List
- Trial Team Vice President
- Book Award in Trial Advocacy Practice and Mock Trial
- AV Preeminent Lawyer Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating awarded by the publication and determined by the confidential opinions of other lawyers.
- Lead Counsel Rated
- Superb Rating on AVVO, the highest rating awarded by the publication.