Many of my clients describe me as a “fearless and effective advocate for people with personal injury and professional malpractice cases, including those involving complex instances of medical malpractice.”
I am a December 2000 graduate of Nova Southeastern University, Shepard Broad Law Center, where I founded the Law School Advisors Program. I was also a member of three moot court competitive travel teams, academic editor of the Moot Court, the co-editor of the International Travel Law Journal, and Executive Editor of the International & Comparative Law Journal. All of which I accomplished while attending law school at night and working a full-time position in the healthcare industry.
Prior to becoming a lawyer, I held management positions at major HMOs and insurance companies, worked as a Risk Manager to the cruise industry with a focus on crew claims and maritime acquisitions, and served as Vice President of South Florida Operations for a Florida-based commercial HMO. I am a member of the Florida Bar and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District, Northern District, and Middle District of Florida. I am also a member of the Broward Bar Association, Women’s Auxiliary of the Veteran’s of Foreign War, and the Women’s Auxiliary of the American Legion.
Prior to representing injured parties, I represented private and public hospitals, healthcare entities, pharmacies, nursing homes, physicians and dentists, and cruise lines for ten (10) years. In doing so I obtained a wealth of knowledge on the inner workings of such companies that benefit my current clients.
In my quest to seek justice for my clients, I have secured many multi-million dollar verdicts in medical malpractice cases in courts throughout Florida. The Daily Business Review named me the most effective medical malpractice lawyer in 2013 for a $38.5 million dollar verdict and one of the most effective lawyers of 2016 in the area of medical malpractice by the Daily Business Review for a $4.3 million dollar arbitration award. Just in 2017 I co-chaired a record five (5) malpractice trials in Key West, Naples, Broward, Palm Beach and Gainesville. I have formed trust and relationships with many insurers and hospitals to bring an early resolution to complex medical malpractice matters so that injured clients may move forward in their lives.
I believe my diverse background has contributed to great success in a variety of litigation cases. I have tried a number of complex arbitrations and complex medical cases on behalf of clients and have provided advice to physicians and medical institutions. I also handle cases involving medical and dental malpractice, wrongful death, nursing home litigation, pharmaceutical misfills, products liability litigation, and equine law (personal injury and commercial business).
I believe my unique talents give me and my team the upper hand in malpractice cases focused on finding systematic errors in the delivery of healthcare that lead to the injured persons' damages.
- Medical Malpractice
- Birth-Related Injuries (Cerebral Palsy, Brachial Plexus, Death)
- Failure to Diagnose (Stroke, Pulmonary Embolism, DVT)
- Wrong Site Surgeries
- Delay or Misdiagnosis of Cancer
- Catastrophic Injuries (Vegetative State, Locked in Syndrome)
- Nursing Home Negligence
- Dental Malpractice (Nerve Damage/Death)
- Pharmacy Mis-Fills
- Premise Liability
- Negligent Security, Retention and/or Supervision
- Civil Battery/Assault in a Healthcare Setting
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Motor Vehicle Accidents/Road Construction Defects
- Equine Law (Personal Injury)
- Civil Trial Attorney
Education & Accolades
- December 2000: Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center Magna Cum Laude, Graduated 2nd in Class
- Moot Court, Academic Editor,
- International & Comparative Law Journal (Executive Editor),
- International Travel Law Journal (Editor)
- April 1997: Nova Southeastern University BS with Minor in Latin American Caribbean Studies
- 2017 Attorney Highlight for Women Lawyer’s - DPR
- 2016 Most Effective Medical Malpractice Lawyer – DBR
- 2013 Top 100 Verdicts – The National Law Journal
- 2013 Most Effective Medical Malpractice Lawyer – DBR
- 2016, 2017 Guest Lecturer to the Nova Southeastern Clinic Students
- Av rated on Martindale-Hubell
- 2019 AV Rated Martindale-Hubbell/ Platinum Client Champion
- 2019 The National Trial Lawyers Top 100
- 2019 The National Trial Lawyers Top 25 Medical Malpractice
- 2019 Best Lawyers- Plaintiff
- $38 Million Dollar Verdict - Unnecessary Surgery leading to brain damage
- $1.457 Million Dollar Verdict - Wrongful Death due to negligent care and treatment
- $4.3 Million Dollar Verdict - Medical malpractice led a 24-year-old woman to die shortly after childbirth
- $2.4 Million in damages for failing to properly treat a patient with an autoimmune disorder
- $1.4 Million Verdict for Surgery that Caused Spinal Infection